These questions (in various forms) come up very often so here are the answers (You can guess the questions yourself) :
1. Of course that I would photograph you but please ask for my rates. Most likely you can afford them. Don’t be scared at all.
2. No you don’t have to be a model of any kind to pose for me nor a size zero … nor being a woman. And No the photo shoots with me are very fun and very easy. Also I yet to see a person that I wouldn’t want to shoot a portrait of her/him. Everybody is just perfect for a portrait session. I happen to shoot women much more often since I adore them. That’s all. More about models here.
3. No…currently I don’t need an assistant or intern but thank you.
4. These days/years models find me… but in past I used to find them everywhere even on the streets … if I see a face that I like to photograph, I just ask … it’s much better than not asking.
5. No … I don’t only shoot in hotel rooms… I also shoot in motels, houses, streets, unusual locations, nature, cars, parks etc. I just don’t like to shoot in studios that much …
6. I only shoot film … so you probably know much more about the latest digital gadgets … I also barely use any photoshop/software so I don’t have any clever tips to share in that regard.
7. I would shoot with any kind of working film camera and any film (expired or fresh … you have some? please send them over) that I can get a hold of … but these days mostly I use Canon EOS family bodies and prime lenses and various Kodak, Fuji and Ilford films … tools are just tools …
8. No I don’t only shoot sexy “stuff” … I shoot everything … fashion, editorial, travel, portraiture, some commercial … I have done lots of street/documentary photography work in the past (I started from journalism actually, but not much is scanned or online ) … I am just trying to focus on one thing these days otherwise, every week at least a half day is being spent on walking on the streets and hoping for a good shot…
9. Yes I would gladly work with make up artists and stylists … but we need to have a very good chemistry or I rather just to shoot the person instead of over the top make up and styling … harmony and communications are the key.
10. I would love to mentor you but it’s just not possible right now.
11. No I can’t give you models’ private phone numbers or email addresses etc.
12. Yes during erotic/nude sessions I might get turned on by my models at times … it’s simply natural… but I also have a bit of self control which helps … as well as lots of respect for my subjects.
13. I have studied mathematics, physics, mechanical engineering (design of solids), finance, a bit of cinema etc but not photography.
15. I still shoot film just because I enjoy it.